This post may contain affiliate links, where I earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Full disclosure is available here.
If you’ve heard the hype you’re wondering, “Does the 2 Week Shred Work?” Totally understandable. I tried the 2 week shred challenge to see and share my experience so that you can decide if it’s worth your valuable time or not. I’ve gotcha covered babe. 😉
As of today I officially completed Chloe Ting’s 2 week shred challenge (2020)! 💪
I know we’re already well into 2021- I’m a little late to the game. I actually hadn’t even heard of Chloe Ting until December 2020 when YouTube started suggesting her videos.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with her, Chloe is a YouTuber whose channel focuses on workout routines along with some lifestyle and recipe videos.
With a quick search you’ll find a slew of results videos for Chloe’s 2 Week Shred Challenge. One of the videos I came across was a reaction video where Chloe watches and reacts to people’s posts and videos sharing their results from following her challenge for 2 weeks.
You guys. Some of the results are incredible.
Pounds down. Inches thinner. More defined muscles and abs!
Losing weight and toning up in just 2 weeks? Sign me up!
I was already looking for a program that was manageable for me. Something I could stick with and actually finish to jumpstart a more regular fitness routine. (Something I’ve missed while going through IVF.)
I figured I could manage 2 weeks.
Plus, the program is free.
She has all the videos linked on the program page of her website. This makes it really easy to follow. You just scroll down to the day you’re on and work through all the videos in that section.
The time required ranges from 30 minutes to an hour each day.
Going Through the Program – My Experience
The first couple days I had to take frequent breaks. There was a lot of heavy breathing and lots of glistening (sweat).
I had my fitness tracker on and the very first video was 16 minutes and burned 100 active calories!
There are in-video ads on some of the videos but she has them timed during rests, not in the middle of an active move. I found these a perfect extended break that gave me enough time to grab a sip of water.
Throughout the whole program I kept to the low impact versions of the moves and didn’t use weights or booty bands.
You will definitely want a yoga mat since many of the videos include planks and plank variations and similar ground moves. I’m loving this Popflex mat. These mats are by blogilates and the vegan suede gets more grippy the more you sweat.
This is when I found out that our kitten is obsessed with playing with yoga mats. Hopefully your cats are better behaved.
There are 3 active rest days on Days 4, 7 and 11. On those days I just did some gentle yoga in addition to our daily walks with the dogs.
As you go through the program the routines do get progressively harder but the initial videos become easier as you get stronger.
By the last couple days I didn’t have to take nearly as many breaks and I was able to get through the routines easier. Even though I took breaks I never felt like I couldn’t do the routine. It was a challenge but it wasn’t impossible.
It’s Pros & Cons Time!
If you’re considering trying this 2 Weeks Shred Program here are the things you’ll want to know.
- The timeframe is manageable. It’s only a 2 week program so just a 14 day commitment.
- Variety. Each day consists of several videos and while the first two videos are the same for the first half of the program the 3rd and 4th videos change each day. So you do get some variety and aren’t doing the exact same thing completely each day. Some of the moves do show up in multiple videos.
- Low impact variations and modifications. Chloe doesn’t just tell you how to do a low impact variation she actually shows you right in the video by using a split screen. The same goes for modifications using weights and booty bands.
- Moves shown from multiple viewpoints. Chloe often performs each move directly to the camera several times then turns to show how the move looks from a side angle.
- Countdown and progress bar. All the videos for this challenge have a countdown for each move and a progress bar for the entire video. These are in the top right corner of the screen. I love having a counter, especially when it’s getting tough to hold a plank but I can see it’s only for 5 more seconds.
- Difficulty and intensity increases as you go. The week 2 routines are longer and more intense so they will continue to challenge you.
- Includes rest days. The 2 weeks include 3 rest days on days 4, 7, and 11. These days there are no videos scheduled.
- Can be hard on the wrists. There are a lot of floor moves including many plank varieties which put your weight on your wrists. If you aren’t used to these types of moves your wrists might get sore. There were times I kept my knees down just to keep some of the pressure off my wrists.
- So. Many. Planks. I know they’re great for your abs but not my favorite to do, so for me this is a con.
- Lack of instruction. She doesn’t give much vocal advice after her initial direction for performing each move beyond ‘keep your core activated’. This would be a pro if you’re already familiar with all the moves and how to do them with good form. If you aren’t familiar with the moves and how to maintain proper form then this is a con.
- Have to click through multiple videos. For me this wasn’t a big deal but you should be aware that it’s not just one video each day and you might have ads before and during multiple videos.
Does the 2 Week Shred Work? My Results.
Personally I don’t see much of a difference physically but I feel stronger. As the program progressed I didn’t have to take as many breaks and by day 14 I could hold a low plank for the full 30 seconds.
I did notice slightly more ab definition but not enough to be noticeable in a photo.
My main goal was really to stick with it the full 2 weeks and get into the routine of exercising regularly and that was accomplished.
The 2 Week Shred was definitely a challenge but I’m glad I did it.
I feel good, have a bit more energy and have been sleeping better.
Would I do it again?
Probably. I would prefer to not have so many moves putting weight on my wrists and I might just incorporate some of her videos into my regular routine.
For the 2 weeks I didn’t change my diet since we had already been eating a more anti-inflammatory diet for a couple months.
Overall, I didn’t see drastic results like in some people’s video reviews, but my focus was more on establishing a routine and feeling good so I’m not disappointed.
I also stuck with the low impact variations and had to take frequent breaks the first couple of days, which may have impacted my results. Plus, everyone is different and your body may respond better to some exercise routines than others.
If you’re looking to get back into a regular workout routine from home at a low cost then you might want to try Chloe Ting’s 2 Week Shred Challenge. Keep in mind that results will vary and that’s ok!
You are beautiful and unique just as you are!
Have you tried the 2 week shred challenge? What did you think of it and how were your results? Let me know in the comments below.
Have a great day!
Save for Later:
Hi, my name is Katy. I started this blog to help you infuse life with ease and joy by sharing recipes and tips for your fertility and lifestyle.
Share This Post:
You May Also Like...
Leave a Comment